Summer Ruche

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winging It

This week was a rude awakening of sorts for me. We met for a first worship service and I was a bit forgetful that I would be watching over the children. It didn't really occur to me to prepare because we don't have anything out of boxes or our own place yet. Nevertheless, I headed downstairs with all six children, aged 2 months to 11 1/2 years. Good thing we have access to the Spirit of God. I prayed for inspiration.

A book from our suitcase that I'd kept out for reading until our books were unpacked and shelved in their new home saved the day (pictured here).

We prayed. Then I got out the book. We read The Seeds That Grew To Be One Hundred. Then we read it again. It is the poetic telling of the parable of the sower and the seed from Matthew's gospel.

One child had the idea that we have regular Bible time lessons (why didn't I think of that?). We chatted a bit about this and that, and then the time was up.

I have purposed to be more prepared next week, even though we will have just moved in to our new place.




No comments:

Post a Comment